Are you curious about mindfulness but unsure how to start? Or have you been practicing on your own but would like some support to take it further? Then this beginners mindfulness course is perfect for you. Over the course of 4 weeks you’ll learn the skills and techniques required to begin a lifetime practice, that will optimise your mental peace and physical wellbeing. Through mindfulness we can reduce stress, increase happiness and live the life we have to its fullest. For many it is life enhancing and for some, it is life changing. No matter your stage of life or your vocation, mindfulness can bring healthy contentment and reduce suffering.
The course will cover:
• Core mindful meditation techniques (body scan, breath, thoughts and compassion)
• The importance and skill of placing attention mindfully
• Working with difficult thoughts and experiences
• Accepting the bad and letting in the good
• The difference between reacting and responding
• Developing compassion towards ourselves and others
• Key mindful principles such as acceptance and trust
Mindfulness is a wellbeing skill and like any skill it requires practice. As well as the weekly sessions, you will be provided with guided meditations to practice at home and given some mindful activities to try during the week. None of this is onerous or difficult, but you will definitely reap more benefits if you put in 10-30 minutes a day to follow the home practice. We will also discuss how you can maintain a long-term home practice so you can continue to feel the benefits of mindfulness.
Price £50 (£45 early bird)