For children from approx 10 months to 4 years.
Our courses are 5 weeks long, last 45 minutes and cost £27.50 which includes all the materials we use in class. We start each class with a story which usually incorporates the theme of the rest of the class. This encourages a fun start to the class and gets your child ready for what’s ahead in the session. There are then several different stations within the room and you are encouraged to let your little one lead the way and decide what they want to do. We like parents to stand back and let their little one guide them.
The activities are designed to encourage children’s natural curiosity and they can “free flow” between them according to what they enjoy. Activities could include sticking, messy play, building, painting, colouring, chalking, creating and many more. As your little one will be painting and crafting we do suggest some old clothes as they may get messy and a change of clothing along too.
The free flow and supportive environment provides the clear benefits and the perfect opportunity to:
* Learn to love books and reading
* Encourage an active imagination
* Develop fine and gross motor skills
* Assist bilateral co-ordination – crafts require your child to use both hands together, this is then transferred to other areas of their lives as they grow, e.g. writing, tying shoes etc.
* Aids self-regulation – crafts that require drying require waiting! This is a great lesson to demonstrate self-control and patience.
* Self-esteem booster – completing crafts will give them a great sense of accomplishment and pride.
* Develop communication and social skills
* Bond and have fun!
This programme has been carefully written to develop many skills that underpin the Early Years Framework to provide a foundation for school. BUT, the focus is very much on the child to have fun and play.